Hello there fellow crazy shopping friends! Today I'm sharing some of my best Black Friday Tips & Tricks with you, in the hopes that you have a happy, fun, and successful BF shopping trip! These may not be everyone's style, but they've worked well for me in the past! We have 18 days left (and 17 until yummy Thanksgiving!) so get ready!
- Bring a friend! And I mean one friend. I personally don't like shopping alone, so I always bring a friend or my little sister with me. Don't bring more. Lines are already long, and you're going to be waiting for everyone to shop, find what they like, and check out. Not to mention it will get squishy in the car.
- Speaking of lines... Here is a sneaky trick that I do in an emergency. Don't hate me! I rarely do it, but man does it come in handy... If the line is super long and for some reason you can't be in the store for very long, have your friend get in line when you first go into the store, while you shop. Then switch when you're done. By the time you both have finished shopping, you should be at the front of the line, and everyone behind you will be mentally stabbing you in the face. Gotta do what you gotta do!
- Bring snacks/drinks. This is oh so important! Believe it or not, you will get hungry, no matter how much turkey you ate earlier. It's a lot easier to whip out a power bar in the car or while shopping, than to find an open fast food joint and wait in line. If you have a food allergy like me, then that wouldn't really be an option anyway!
- Rest up. I sleep a lot on Thanksgiving. I wake up late, go to my dads, and usually we have eaten by 2. Then I take a nap (every year without fail) immediately after eating. Usually an hour or two will do the trick. After that I go to my moms house, and have dinner. Then guess what I do? Nap! Basically you need to be a Koala on Thanksgiving. Just eat and sleep. This has really helped these past few years since stores have been opening Thanksgiving night.
- Know what you want. This is so important! My first year shopping, I spent a lot of money and didn't even get very much. This is because I didn't really know what I wanted in advance, and bought whatever caught my eye. Big mistake.
- Do your research! This is the most important tip by far. Know what time stores are opening, what is actually on sale and what is going to be it's usual price. Figure out where you can get what you want for the cheapest!
- Go to a less popular area. This is a game changer in the Black Friday shopping world. Around my home town, everyone goes to a nearby city in NH, or to the outlets down the road. It's great that these places are so close, but traffic and parking suck, not to mention things sell out so fast! There are surrounding towns that have similar stores, like Walmart. Go there if you can! I've been doing that, and there are noticeably shorter lines, they don't sell out of what you want nearly as quickly, and it's a less packed/stressed experience.
- Game Plan! Once you know what you want, where you're going to get it, and what time stores are opening, it's time to make a plan! Plan your night around the stores opening first and what you want to get from them. It'll save you time and heartache (when that special gift is sold out).
Did I miss anything? What are your Black Friday Shopping tips and tricks? I'd love to hear them!