Black Friday is almost here! Even though the start time of Black Friday changes every year (like 6pm on Thursday this year), the essentials you should carry remain the same! Here are some things to check off your list, before you head out on your Black Friday shopping adventure. (With some help from the Crazy Target Lady).
1. Drinks! Make sure and bring a few bottles of water, and maybe an energy drink or two. Some fast food restaurants will be open, but believe me, the only reason you should even consider waiting in those lines is coffee. Save your waiting skills for Kohl's. Or Macy's. Or some other great store.
2. Snacks! I try to bring a range of snacks, so that whether I'm wanting sweet, salty, juicy, or whatever, I will have something with me and won't be tempted to waste precious shopping time at a fast food joint. I like to bring clementines, Luna bars, chocolate (duh), chips of some sort, and maybe a little left over
3. Band-aids. These are self-explanatory. Some Mom's get pretty crazy...
4. Baby Wipes. I like to bring baby wipes because sometimes after being in a store for a while, I just feel gross. It get's hot under that winter jacket, and who knows how many people have touched the things you bought! Baby wipes can wipe that all away!
5. $20 cash in the glove compartment. Having $20 cash will come in handy. If you (God forbid) lose your card/wallet and need gas or food on the way home... You'll be happy you had that $20 cash. You're welcome.
6. Duck Tape. You will thank me for this one. One time I went out, and my boots decided to fall apart. The sole started coming off, which is no fun in slushy New England weather. Instead of having to go home, you can fix it with Duck Tape! Plus, they have such fun patterns now, it won't even look sketchy. You will use it at least once during the night.
7. Pillow/Blanket. This is just for the car. I've always lived only 20 minutes away from where I shop, so it's easy for me to go home and sleep. However, sometimes when I've just finished all my midnight shopping and it's 4:30 am, I want sleep, but I know that Kohl's is opening at 5. I don't go home! I'll just park under a street light (because I'm paranoid and sheltered) and take a snooze in the car.
8. Extra socks & mittens. First off, your feet may get sweaty/cold. That extra pair of socks will be looking nice right about then. As for the mittens, I like to bring an extra pair in case it's really cold and I'm going to be walking from store to store, or for when my little sister refuses to bring some, then complains later. Love you Sommer!
9. Christmas/Holiday music! It just makes me happy, and get's me in the spirit. Don't hate. Thanksgiving will be over by then.
10. Utility Belt/Fanny Pack! If you're as hardcore at the Crazy Target Lady, you may already wear one... hah just kidding :)
Do you have any Black Friday essentials? I'd love to hear them!