Halloween is hands down my favorite holiday. I absolutely love dressing up, but I hate when I have the same costume as five other girls. I always hunt for new ideas a couple weeks in advance, but the same "unique" and "clever" costume ideas seem to keep popping up, and suddenly they aren't so unique anymore. Today I'm sharing the list of costumes I'm thinking about for this year, plus some that I've done in the past! So, if you want some costumes ideas that aren't on everyone else's mind, keep reading!
Let me start this by saying that I have thought of a new Halloween costume every year since I was little. As I've gotten older I've repeated a few if I was going out on an off night, but I always have a new "focus" costume. This is 21 years of costumes friends! Some of them might not seem all that clever, but they aren't often thought of, and I promise there will be girls face-palming that they didn't think of your cute costume. If you're into Halloween colors but not dressing up, check out this post from last year!
- Biker Chick- I did this last year and it was hands down my favorite costume ever, and I got so many compliments!
- Sandy/A Pink Lady- Did this when I was 4, but still an awesome costume!
- Mad Hatter- I did this one year in high school, and it was so fun!
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer- I just love her so...
- Tooth Fairy- How many of these have you actually seen? Like none!
- Britney Spears circa 2001 VMAs Slave 4 U performance- One possibility for this year
- Gods Gift to Mankind- Wear a cute dress with a bow around your waist, and a tag that reads "To: Mankind From: God"
- Red Delicious Apple- Who doesn't want to wear a cute dress with a sticker that says "Red Delicious"
- Jiminy Cricket- Sexy conscience anyone?
- Madeline- Remember her?!
- Matilda/Trunchbull- Uhm hello this is just fun!
- Winnie the Pooh- Make sure to have some inspirational quotes ready to whip out at a moments notice!
- Madonna- So much better than the standard "80's Chick" costume
- Mary Poppins- My number 1 contender for this year!
- Wednesday Addams- She was my spirit animal as an 8 year old
- Nun- Make it a sexy nun just for the laughs
- Sponge Bob Square Pants- My love runs deep folks
- Bad Teacher- Because school girl and librarian are so overused
- Cupcake- Throw a little tulle on your top, wear a metallic skirt, and call it a night!
And if you have a dog, my personal favorite "couples" costumes are:
- Cindy Lou Who & Dog from the Grinch
- Red Riding Hood & Big Bad Wolf
- Dorothy & Toto
And some group/multiple costume ideas, my favorites are:
- Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy
- Sanderson Sisters
- Charlies Angels
- Spice Girls
- Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda & Samantha (Sex & The City)
I of course have had some not so original costumes, so if you are looking for something fun and easy and don't mind if there are a few of you running around, then here are some more ideas:
- School Girl
- Wonder Woman- I did this my freshman year of college...Enough said.
- Sick Girl- Just wear pj's and draw on chicken pox
- Cow Girl
- Regina George- Cut two holes in your shirt and wear a pink bra underneath!
- Victoria's Secret Angel
- Victoria's Secret Bag
- Sexy Cop- My little risque self did this in high school!
- Belly Dancer
- Hermione Granger
- Frat Boy