Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing my go-to nighttime face routine. I've been doing this before bed for about 3 years now, and my products haven't changed! Since it's such a staple in my life, I thought I would share with you all. If you try it out, let me know how it works for you!
Here are the products I use!
Makeup Remover/ Ponds (Label came off)
Face Wash/ Neutrogena
Moisturizer/ Neutrogena Naturals
Current Lip Balm/ Mongongo
1. After washing my hands and tying my hair back, I take a dime size amount of my ponds cold cream on my index finger, and cover my entire eye and eyebrow. I love cold cream because it gets everything off without tugging, and doesn't leave behind a yucky residue like some makeup removers do.
I gently rub my eyelashes for about 30 seconds, and then use a damp washcloth or makeup wipe to remove everything.
Definitely don't do this in front of anyone because it will look like you have a black eye. If I wore face makeup, I'll rub a thin layer of cold cream on my face and wipe it off. Usually I just wear concealer and can skip this step.
2. After splashing my face with water, I apply a small amount of my cleaner. I've been using the Neutrogena cream cleanser for the past 2 years, and nothing can compare. It doesn't over-dry my face, and keeps my skin smooth.
Having a damp face helps to distribute the wash all over. When your face is dry, it's harder to spread the wash and people end up using way more than they need to!
3. I like to let the wash sit on my skin for about 15 seconds, and then I rinse it off and pat my face dry.
4. Now it's time to moisturize! I have gone through so many jars of the Neutrogena Naturals Night Cream. It's been my favorite moisturizer for about 3 years, and is one of the few that my skin does well with.
As you can see, I'm almost done with this jar. I usually do one or two layers depending on how my skin is feeling (it get's dry in the winter). Don't forget to moisturize your neck!
5. Once my skin is feeling nice, it's time to brush those teeth!
Don't forget to put on lip balm afterwards. Lips are just as important to moisturize as the face! Right now I'm trying out a new lip balm, but usually I use the EOS brand.
Voila! My 5 step nighttime face routine takes about 5 minutes tops, and keeps my skin healthy and smooth.
What's your nighttime face routine? If you try this one, let me know how you like it!