Tuesday, April 29, 2014
What's In My Travel Makeup Bag
Between Spring Break in Florida and my mini road trip to North Carolina, I've been doing a lot of traveling lately. Each time I travel it gets easier and easier to pack, and I seem to have established some makeup essentials that always go into my travel makeup bag, so I thought I would share! I mostly bring the basics, and things that are easy to use for both day and nighttime looks.
By the way, my travel bag is old and the inside is dirty. I'm not going to pretend that the light pink inside that carries all my messy makeup manages to stay perfectly clean. Puh-lease.
Anyway, here's what I have in there:
1. Moisturizer- My skin gets dry during road trips, and the changing climate doesn't help either. I love my Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream, because it's thick but not heavy. It hydrates my skin after a long car ride, and I can apply a light amount for daily use. It's also amazing to put on if I accidentally burn my face, and has nothing bad in it that could possibly irritate my skin.
2. Concealer- I don't really wear foundation because I don't need to. On the average day, I'll just slap on some concealer and call it good. My favorite overall is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. I use it to brighten my under eye area and cover any redness. I also bring my L'Oreal Photoready concealer for any blemishes that may arise during the trip.
3. Bb Cream- Like I said, I don't really wear foundation. If I have extra time or want to give my skin a boost, I'll put on a little Bb cream. My favorite is the Physicians Formula Super BB. It's hydrating, stays on all day, provides good coverage, and doesn't look too matte or too shiny.
4. Powder- I like to bring powder mostly to set my concealer or Bb cream if I'm wearing it. I usually run the tiniest amount of Rimmel Stay Matte powder across my t-zone. You don't want to use too much because it can look cakey. To set my entire face or even out my skin tone, I love my It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation powder. Again I just use a tiny amount.
5. Blush/Bronzer- To make sure I look alive and a bit less like Casper the friendly ghost, I always apply a little blush. My favorite is a shimmery pink one from one of the Elf Blush & Bronzer duos. It also doubles as a highlight. Sorry, but this duo doesn't have a name! If I want to go a little more bold, I'll use one of the Cheekers blushes by Covergirl. If I am in a sunny warm place, I usually throw on a little bronzer to pretend that I'm not from New England. I love the Physicians Formula Baked Bronzers for this.
6. Eye Shadow- I keep it really simple on eye shadows when I travel. I mostly just do neutral eye looks if I even bother to put eye shadow on, so I bring my Physicians Formula Canyon Classics Quad, Physicians Formula Hint of Taupaz Eyebrightener, and Mabelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold to use as a base. I love the quad because it doubles as my brow powder!
7. Mascara & Liner- Mascara is a must. My favorite one is the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara. I always curl my lashes before applying, and it lasts all day. If I decide to wear liner, I love the Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in brown and black.
8. Sunblock- If I'm going to be outside a lot or at the beach, I'll put a little sunblock on. I like the Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Stick. Just make sure not to get it near your eyes! It hurts.
9. Balm Stain- I'm not really a lip girl, but sometimes if I'm feeling bored I'll throw on a combination of my Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains (Smitten & Romantic) and top it off with my Maybelline Babylips (Soothing Sorbet).
10. Brushes- I mean, these are kind of a no brainer... I bring my powder and blush brushes, a few eye brushes, and one for my brows. Clearly I love the Ecotools brushes.
I also like to throw in some tweezers, hair ties, and bobby pins. If you're going on a trip soon, I hope this helps! And if you're just nosy like I am and like to see what makeup people bring with them, I hope this entertained you :)