I'm not sure how I should even start this post, but I'm sooo excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award! So thanks a bunch to the fabulous Miranda from Handmade. Homemade. Mermaid for nominating me!
So the Liebster Award is a way to promote new bloggers, and help bloggers gain some recognition. Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person/people who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers/subscribers
4. Create 11 questions for those 11 bloggers to answer
5. List 11 facts about yourself
Okay, now that I've given the rules, here are the 11 questions I was asked, as well as my answers:
1. What is your favorite color? It kind of depends on the situation (color to wear, wall color) but overall I'm obsessed with sea glass blue.
2. Who is your favorite author? This is such a hard one. Probably Meg Cabot but honestly I have many favorites.
3. What is your dream job? I'm not sure. There are a ton of Psych related jobs that I would love, and I'm hoping to get to try out a few as I work my way up. It would be really cool to analyze criminal interrogations though.
4. Why did you start blogging? I've always loved free writing, but I don't really have any opportunities being a Psych/Justice Studies dual major. Plus I have tons of thoughts and opinions that I just want to get out, and blogging is my way of doing that!
5. Coffee or tea? Oh no. Is it okay if I say neither? Yuck.
6. If you could visit one place, where would you go? France. It was a tie between France and Greece, but definitely France. (Parce que j'aime à parler français, et les photos que j'ai vu sont très beau!)
7. You've just been granted a shopping spree, which store would you pick first? Probably H&M. There's just such a nice mix between every-day and going-out clothing, and I really like the styles.
8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Probably a ropes course that I did this summer. It's not that crazy, but for me, it was insane! I'm terrified (like, can't move and get dizzy scared) of heights. I did this adventure course where you are at least 20 feet above ground (there are 3 height levels though) and walk across wires and ropes. You're hooked on to a wire above you but still... So scary. But so fun!
9. What is your favorite memory? I don't think I could give just one favorite memory...but the majority of my favorite memories are from my childhood. So things like...playing on the little beach my family used to go to, or feeding the geese at a small pond in NH, or even just waking up late at night to go with my Mom and sister to bring my dad dinner (when he did a late shift).
10. Favorite Disney character? I'm so awful, I haven't seen a ton of the Disney princess movies that most people have. Probably Ariel though. I used to really want to be a ginger because of her. Not to mention she had a tail and wore a shell bra. Like come on.
11. What book are you currently reading? Or most recently read? I just finished the second book in the Shopaholic series. I'm quite a book worm when I have the time though!
1. Kim from Pretty Pants
2. Amy from So There
3. Sara from Thursday Afternoons
4. Julie from My Wilderness (Life of Julie)
5. Alex from Radiating Sunshine
6. Alissa from This Elegant Awkwardness
7. Ashley from Mint Sparkles
8. Kayla from A State of [Stylish] Grace
9. Tracey from Just a Trace
10. Trina from Fluorescent Adolescent
11. Mitangi from Pearl and Glory
Sorry if any of you have already been nominated! Clearly other bloggers appreciate your blog as much as I do!
1. What was your dream job when you were little (like under 10)?
2. What is your favorite television series you've ever watched and why?
3. If you could eat one food every day for a week, what would it be?
4. Is there a famous icon or celebrity that you idolized/wanted to be when you were little?
5. Favorite nursery rhyme. Go.
6. If you could choose your height, how tall would you be?
7. Most embarrassing moment (that you're willing to share)?
8. Favorite YouTuber?
9. What song have you listened to the most in the past 6 months?
10. Who is your favorite musician and why?
11. You're having a bad day and want to just relax and watch a movie. What movie do you watch?
11 facts about me:
1. I was dead set on being a nurse practitioner and going to Dartmouth from age 4 until senior year of high school
2.I have an intense obsession with box mac n cheese (that I can no longer eat)
3. The thought of eating cheese pizza make's my physically sick
4. I am fascinated by how cars work, and can change my own engine oil (thanks Dad!)
5. This is the first time in 7 years that I haven't taken a French class
6. Ann Carr Putnam is in my family tree (on my moms side)
7. I cry during scary movies, but not sad/romantic ones...
8. I was a member of the Chamber Singers at my high school
9. I almost never fall during the winter, but have done quite a few face plants (and one super man) during warm, dry weather
10. I have a quote tattoo on my right hip to remind me of my favorite childhood memories with my Mom
11. I have a really hard time thinking of facts about myself
So there you go! If I nominated you then definitely leave me a link to your post, in the comment section below!